Friday, August 21, 2099

Intro: Welcome!!

                                      INTRODUCTION: What is "softkei"?

                     

      Hey!! Welcome to my blog dedicated to softkei! Now... I know what you're thinking. "What the hell is softkei?". Well, let me answer that as best as I can!

      If you're here, you probably know what visual kei is. If not, then I'll try to describe it as best as I can in three words: flamboyant Japanese rock. For more info on that, then use your buddy Google. Now to get into what softkei is. There are obviously many definitions for different subgenres of visual kei, and softkei is no different. But to me, softkei puts an emphasis on lightness: the sound is (usually) light and the actual image of the bands is light as well. As a huge fan of this subgenre, I decided to shed some light on it by sharing notable bands from this subgenre. All of the rips on here are MINE, so if you see some bands that have been shared previously, you may notice that my rips are usually higher quality, especially considering older bands that have been floating on Blogspot/Blogger for over a decade (WAIL, Dear Loving, RONDE, etc.). A lot of these bands are also exclusive to the blog areas since some of these guys didn't go over too well, and can be hard to find. I hope you enjoy my collection of softkei, and hopefully, you become a fan of this wonderful, yet highly under-appreciated subgenre which usually takes the back seat in the flamboyant universe that is visual kei!

   Oh, and just to make this point clear: THERE WILL BE NO DOWNLOADS FOR MAJOR, POPULAR BANDS. This means that I will NOT be offering downloads for bands like SOPHIA, GLAY, L'Arc~en~Ciel, or any other VK band that fits under the softkei umbrella that are super easy to find. If you like their stuff, then you can find it easily for usually cheap. THIS IS FOR UNDERGROUND/OBSCURE BANDS ONLY!!

1 comment: